Tuesday, April 29, 2014


How To Save A Disaster

Another Approach to Painting with Alcohol Inks 



        I was painting on a 6x6 tile using pretty traditional Alcohol ink techniques of dropping the ink and maneuvering it with a small brush and a straw and ended up really liking the basic design of lights and darks that I had achieved. Thinking I needed to go to another level in the painting I tried a misting technique to bring more " light" into the painting. Unfortunately I over misted and began to lose the entire painting, not sure what I could do I grabbed a piece of archival matte photographic paper and pressed it down on the tile like you would do if making a mono print ..I was intrigued by the result of what I had when I lifted the paper.. After studying the painting I grabbed a few of my AI Spectum Noir markers and a white gel pen, added some small details and fell in love with the final result. Voila! A new way of "painting".. I Adore happy accidents!

3 comments: